Re: Musical symbols

From: Rick McGowan (rick@unicode.org)
Date: Sat Jan 07 2006 - 18:31:12 CST

    Pupeno asked,

    > Regarding this I will have to rotate the notes to place the
    > stems on the other direction, right ?

    Maybe. That depends on what's in your font and how you use the font. There
    may not be a one-to-one corresondence between music characters in Unicode
    and glyphs in a font. There are several ways to engineer solutions to this,
    and it's probably beyond the scope of this list to dive into those issues.

    > Why wasn't such characters included in Unicode ?

    Because those aren't "characters" they are presentation variants that are
    determined by context.

            Rick