Augustin’s 31st sermon (was: Upper case U+0364 for U+0308)

From: Otto Stolz (Otto.Stolz@uni-konstanz.de)
Date: Fri Jan 13 2006 - 03:46:12 CST

    Hello,

    I had mentioned
    <http://www.schloesser-magazin.de/de/objekte/re/re_muensterb.php>.

    Mike Ayers has written:
    > Perhaps my eyes are playing tricks on me, but I think that there is
    > a word on the third line of the lower section beginning with "xpi"...?
    > Is this perhaps Greek ("Christ"?) commingled with the Latin?

    Google has found the following transcripts for us:
    “sed si membra Christi sumus”
    <http://www.augustinian.villanova.edu/AugustinianStudies/texts/serm031.htm>
    and <http://www.sant-agostino.it/latino/discorsi/discorso_041_testo.htm>.

    Apparently, that “χρι” is an abbreviation for „Christus“, but then I am not
    a mediaevalist.

    Best wishes,
       Otto Stolz