Re: Definitive list of Unicode digits

From: Asmus Freytag (asmusf@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Fri Jan 13 2006 - 15:17:54 CST

    On 1/13/2006 12:28 PM, Rick McGowan wrote:

    >Kit Peters asked,
    >

    >>Can someone provide me a definitive list of all Unicode digits?
    >>

    >You can make one yourself. Download the files from the latest UCD and look
    >for "DIGIT". What you want, for starters, is probably the set of
    >everything that has a value in the "decimal digit" field of the
    >UnicodeData.txt file.

    The definite list is contained in the file DerivedNumericType.txt in the
    "extracted" folder of the UCD. Look for all character of type 'digit' in
    that file.

    However that list is not the same as a list of all digits that are used
    in place-value decimal notation.

    That is given with the list of characters wight type "decimal digit".

    A./