Re: Kanji and other non-Western numerals

From: Tom Emerson (tree@basistech.com)
Date: Fri Jan 20 2006 - 00:04:23 CST

    Kit Peters writes:
    > As I mentioned in an earlier post, I am investigating the parsing of
    > non-Western numerals. An example of non-Western numerals would certainly be
    > kanji, but in looking through the 4.0 UnicodeData.txt, I see no entries for
    > the kanji (Juu, Roku, Hachi, Hyaku). Why is this?

    The Unified Ideographs are documented in Unihan.txt, not UnicodeData.txt.

    Ideographs with numeric uses will have kPrimaryNumeric,
    kAccountingNumeric, or kOtherNumeric values.

        -tree

    Software Architect                                 http://www.basistech.com
     "You can't fake quality any more than you can fake a good meal." (W.S.B.)