Re: New Public Review Issue: UAX #24 Script Names

From: Philippe Verdy (verdy_p@wanadoo.fr)
Date: Fri Jan 20 2006 - 21:43:16 CST

    > From: "Rick McGowan" <rick@unicode.org>
    >> Review period for the new item closes on January 30, 2006.
    >>
    >> Proposed Update to UAX #24: Script Names
    >> http://www.unicode.org/reports/tr24/tr24-8.html

    Note that the www.Unicode.org website homepage still does not list this proposed update #87, as well as proposed update #88 on UAX#14: Line Breaking Properties (same review dateline for comments), at the top of the displayed list.

    On January 30, all proposed updates 80 to 88 (most of them related to normative annexes and algorithms) will be finally reviewed, and two days before, it will be for proposed updates #75 and 77 of informative UTF#25 (Unicode support for mathematics) and UTS#29/UTR#36 (Unicode security issues).

    I think the votes will happen starting on February 1, followed by the final discussions and vote for Unicode 5.0 that will be presented in next March at IUC 29.

    I suggest these normative changes be appliedonly along with a major releaseof Unicode. But if Unicode5.0 is released first, the proposed changes if they are approved after,should be delayedalong with the first significant update (Unicode 5.1?) for interoperability with the Unicode versioning of Unicode implementations.