uniscribe engine & opentype font

From: Ngwe Tun (ngwestar@gmail.com)
Date: Mon Feb 27 2006 - 13:13:53 CST

    Dear Group, and Any Concern peson

    It's might be off-topic; If you think off-topic, please drop off to another
    mailing list.

    I would like to know about how does it work relationship of Uniscribe &
    OpenType.
    Frankly, Microsoft uniscribe engine was not supported Burmese shaping. But
    some persons implemented opentype with default script features rlig and
    kern. It's properly rendered in Windows XP SP2. But We need to patch
    uniscribe engine. It's easy but I doubted in their relationship. let me have
    any related article about uniscribe and opentype. Thai, Burmese, Laos and
    Khmer are difficult to detect clustering/syllable boundry, it is work done
    in uniscribe, right? and Can I have basic functionality for those complex
    languages by uniscribe/opentype technology.

    And I noted down as their function and tasks as follows. Any person
    add/modify to get proper list.

    Uniscribe
    =======
    - reordering