Re: [indic] Re: DV Danda

From: N. Ganesan (naa.ganesan@gmail.com)
Date: Tue Apr 04 2006 - 13:21:30 CST

    On 4/4/06, Michael Everson <everson@evertype.com> wrote:
    > >> Look at Stotra ratnam, a 14th century 'slokam
    > > > of Sanskrit ...
    > > > http://www.srivaishnavam.com/stotras/stotraratna_sans.pdf
    > >
    > >> But look at Tamil equivalents of Danda and Double Danda.
    > > > They are sort of . and .. respectively:
    > > > http://www.srivaishnavam.com/stotras/stotraratna_tamil.pdf
    > >
    > >Ah! Thank you. That is a piece of evidence. Perhaps you could use that
    > >information as the basis of a document to support disunification of dandas.
    >
    > I have shown such evidence before, in WG2 documents, for Bengali and
    > Kannada, and I did not get much support from the UTC or L2 about the
    > matter.

    Michael,

    I am aware of and have shown Tamil and Oriya dandas being
    very different from those of Devanagari. Also, Kaithi, Kharoshthi, Siddham
    and Kannada are different as well from those of Devanagari.

    Can you or some one else give me a link to
    see the Bengali dandas? From what I read, they aren't
    the same as Devanagari.

    Thanks,
    N. Ganesan