Re: Vietnamese (Re: Unicode, SMS, PDA/cellphones)

From: Doug Ewell (dewell@adelphia.net)
Date: Sat Jun 03 2006 - 16:02:43 CDT

    Samuel Thibault <samuel dot thibault at labri dot fr> wrote:

    >> So I don't see where is the effective issue with correct Vietnamese
    >> support on cell phones, including for the input method!
    >
    > It looked to me like the VIQR approach for input was quite fine.

    Indeed, a combination of VIQR and the iTAP predictive method currently
    used on many popular mobile phones would probably be received with great
    enthusiasm by the Vietnamese community. Now all we'd need would be
    better compression so the SMS messages could be more than 70 characters
    long.

    --
    Doug Ewell
    Fullerton, California, USA