Re: are Unicode codes somehow specified in official national linguistic literature ? (worldwide)

From: Cristian Secară (orice@secarica.ro)
Date: Sun Jun 04 2006 - 15:53:55 CDT

    On Sun, 4 Jun 2006 09:49:48 -0700, Doug Ewell wrote:

    > 'd' means to write the day of the month in one digit, if possible.
    > 'dd' means to always use two digits.
    > "d MMMM yyyy" -> 5 June 2006
    > "dd MMMM yyyy" -> 05 June 2006

    Thanks, I was uncertain.
    Can you please tell me why is the MMMM capitalized ?
    I looked now at my MS Windows installation and I saw the same kind of
    convention, z LLLL aaaa (this is the RO translated version).

    [other thing about CLDR – I saw in core\common\main\ro.xml that the
    days of the week are staring with D (for Sunday) which is wrong; the
    first day of the week should be L (for Monday)]

    Cristi

    --
    Cristian Secară
    http://www.secarica.ro/