Re: are Unicode codes somehow specified in official national linguistic literature ? (worldwide)

From: Cristian Secară (orice@secarica.ro)
Date: Tue Jun 13 2006 - 07:31:37 CDT

    On Mon, 05 Jun 2006 14:27:07 +0300, Erkki Kolehmainen wrote:

    >> At the end of 2005 and begining of 2006 I had a modest attempt
    >> to get out of sleep an old project for collecting data for a
    >> presumable registration of cultural elements at
    >> http://www.open-std.org/jtc1/sc22/wg20/
    > I don't think that any work should be wasted on this severely
    > outdated project. The one that counts is CLDR.

    In official documents, I cannot make any reference neither to Unicode,
    nor to Unicode codepoints. Likewise, I cannot make any official
    reference to CLDR.
    In official documents I have to make references to ISO/IEC 10646(-1)
    and UCS codepoints. As far as I know, an official reference for
    national cultural elements does not currently exists.

    Cristi

    --
    Cristian Secară
    http://www.secarica.ro/