Adobe support (Re: Re: MS shuts down Win98)

From: N. Ganesan (naa.ganesan@gmail.com)
Date: Wed Jul 12 2006 - 06:01:38 CDT

    Omi Azad wrote:
    >They are happy with it and also doesn't need to upgrade and doesn't
    need any support from Microsoft. Most of the people doesn't
    >care about Unicode. They are still happy with hacked ASCII fonts
    because we use computers for DTP and Unicode doesn't work
    >on DTP applications like Adobe's products. :(

    True, the net connectivity and % of population using computers/net
    etc., in India, Bangladesh is low.
    Unicode is useful mainly on the internet.

    Next two UTC meetings are hosted by Adobe:
    http://www.unicode.org/timesens/calendar.html
    Hope Adobe supports Indic Unicode in the future
    in more and more of their products.
    InDesign, Illustrator, Freehand, Photoshop - the Adobe software
    should support Indic Unicode.

    Does anyone know of any plans by Adobe to
    support Indic Unicode in 2007?
    N. Ganesan