Question about some characters

From: Upshur Whittock (zarzalzarzamora@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Jul 13 2006 - 23:32:06 CDT

    Hello.
      I have a font making program that I use. I've been working on a font in which I'm trying to put the Latin, Greek, Cyrillic and Coptic alphabets.
      I've had no trouble so far at all with any of them until the Coptic. I can make the characters and put the code in for all the characters, and they show up in the font making program as being part of the font, but when I open a program like Word and try to put the characters in a document, they are nowhere in the "insert symbol" window. In other words, the program doesn't seem to understand that these symbols are part of the font. Is this just that most computer programs haven't caught up to unicode yet, or is there something I can do to teach my computer that these letters are in the font?
      Thank you for any help you can give me.

          ооо