Re: Frequent incorrect guesses by the charset autodetection in IE7

From: Sinnathurai Srivas (sisrivas@blueyonder.co.uk)
Date: Mon Jul 17 2006 - 14:55:00 CDT

    Unicode email is not working properly
    ISO Email is working properly.
    Hacked 8bit coding works among vendor opposition.

    Unicode desktop publishing is virtually non existent.
    ISO desktop publishing is working excellently.
    Hacked 8bit coding work very well in desktop publishing.

    Collation (after 15 years) is not yet working in Unicode.
    ISO collation works very well.
    Hacked 8bit coding not known to support collation.

    Unicode word processing works with few vendor applications with immense
    difficulties.
    ISO word processing woks perfectly with mostly all applications.
    Hacked 8bit works with applications, unless OS vendors deliberately prevent
    it.

    Standardising the encoding is not to do with interoperability of languages.
    Inter operability is a welcome by product.
    Unicode is designed primarily of interoperability as the target.
    It lost it first hurdle in definition.

    Standard Encoding is to get A language working among all vendor and all user
    environment.
    Unicode consortium do not seem to have this goal as it's primary target.
    Email is not working, desk top publishing is not working, etc.. etc..
    But inter operability between languages seems to take priority among other
    things.

    Nearly 15 years, Unicode is not delivering yet. No one seem to care about
    this status quo.

    ISO 8859 can do every thing at least for the near future.
    For the pride and prejudice, 8859 is being made outcast.
    Until Unicode works, new 8859 should be allowed so that within 6 to 9 moths
    all languages will start to work temporarily,

    while the technically superior Unicode begins to walk say, in about 10 years
    time.

    It is the duty of ISO to support 8bit and Unicode, by law and charter.
    It is not the duty of ISO to out cast tried and tested technology, while
    allowing to fiddle with encoding for over 15 years now.

    If any one wish to reply, I prefer discussions on what in Unicode is not
    working.

    Kindly
    Sinnathurai Srivas