Re: Question about formatting numerals

From: Addison Phillips (addison@yahoo-inc.com)
Date: Wed Sep 20 2006 - 17:13:53 CDT

    Locales that use spaces in digit groups generally use the regular
    non-breaking space character (U+00A0). Less common spaces I would avoid:
    they may not translate well to legacy encodings or might not have glyphs
    available in specific fonts. The "missing glyph" symbol is usually some
    variation on "big hollow box".

    U+00A0 is generally available in most encodings and fonts and has the
    desired effect. Whether it is proportional or not depends, in large
    part, on the font used.

    Addison

    --
    Addison Phillips