CJK Extension C (was: Re: Unicode 5.0 success)

From: Kenneth Whistler (kenw@sybase.com)
Date: Mon Oct 02 2006 - 13:52:02 CST

    Mike said:

    > In any case here is the
    > list of CJK characters in 5.0.0:
    >
    > 4E00..9FBB F900..FAD9 02F800..02FA1D
    > and 3400..4DB5 (extension A) 020000..02A6D6 (extension B)
    >
    > The CJK radicals are 2E80..2EF3 and strokes 31C0..31CF

    If listing CJK radicals, don't forget the Kangxi Radicals
    block: 2F00..2FDF.

    And John Knightley followed up:

    > At the beginning of the thread a comment was made suggesting
    > some cjk charctes had been added. The IRG already has a list C1 of cjk
    > characters that I expect will be added some time to unicode, I was wrong and
    > thought maybe these had been added.

    In late-breaking news, the IRG's C1 list of additional unified
    CJK ideographs was accepted for ballotting last week by WG2.
    They will appear at the range: U+2A700..U+2B77A (4219 total),
    in a new block called "CJK Unified Ideographs Extension C".
    That will be part of the Amendment *4* to ISO/IEC 10646:2003,
    which is currently scheduled to start its PDAM ballotting
    on December 15, 2006.

    Assuming that the ballotting on Amendment 4 progresses without
    hitches, that new collection of unified CJK ideographs will
    also eventually be approved for addition to the Unicode Standard
    in some future version, resynchronized with that amendment to 10646.

    --Ken