Re(2): extracting code values from PDF?

From: Olaf Drümmer (o.druemmer@callassoftware.com)
Date: Thu Oct 26 2006 - 06:33:37 CST

    I have sometimes had issues with copying text from Adobe Reader or
    Acrobat straight to some other application, as some copy&paste stuff is
    going on behind the scenes that is beyond my understanding.

    Something the following has often saved me (may require at least Acrobat
    7, won't work with the free Reader):

    - in Acrobat select a text in a PDF
    - press Cntrl-B (to create a bookmark)
    - find your text in the bookmark
    - then
        - copy from the bookmark to your destination application
    or
        - save the PDF and open it in a 'raw' editor, locate the string for
    that bookmark and retrieve it as Unicode from there.

    Olaf Druemmer

    --
    Olaf Druemmer | Managing Director
    callas software gmbh | Schoenhauser Allee 6/7 | 10119 Berlin | Germany