Re: extracting code values from PDF?

From: Andrew West (andrewcwest@gmail.com)
Date: Thu Oct 26 2006 - 06:37:25 CST

    On 26/10/06, Otto Stolz <Otto.Stolz@uni-konstanz.de> wrote:

    > For me (German UI), this works only in WordPad.
    > In Word, however, Alt-x opens the Tools menu (which is
    > termed "E̲̲x̲tras", in German).

    This shows how problematic it is to use alt keys for functionality
    other than menu shortcuts. I customised my English Word 2003 to have
    an Exit menu (with "x" as the shortcut key), and I found that if I
    press Alt+x (holding both keys at the same time) I get the
    Unicode-to-hex conversion, but if I press and release Alt (which
    highlights the menu) then press "x", it activates the Exit menu.

    Andrew