Re: Creative commons' license symbols

From: António Martins-Tuválkin (tuvalkin@gmail.com)
Date: Fri Nov 24 2006 - 00:39:47 CST

    On 2006.11.23, 19:15, Doug Ewell <dewell@adelphia.net> wrote:

    > The problem comes when advocates insist that the new characters be
    > encoded before they have achieved that status,

    But is that happening? I have a vague recollection that in about 2003 this
    list was asked about the "(cc)" symbol (which is not the symbol for any of
    the Creative Commons licenses but indeed a logo) by someone involved with
    Creative Commons, but IIRC his attitude was not insistent at all.

    > because they are "about to" be widely used or represent some new and
    > better world order that UTC is suppressing or denying by not encoding
    > them.

    Is this something that happened in the real world, or is your prejudice
    showing? ;-) (Yes, we've seen such accusations in this list, but usually
    comming from areas more naive than open source activists are supposed to
    be…)

    -- ____.
    António MARTINS-Tuválkin | ()|
    <antonio@tuvalkin.web.pt> |####|
    Estrada de Benfica, 692-c/v d.ta Não me invejo de quem tem |
    PT-1500-111 LISBOA carros, parelhas e montes |
    +351 934 821 700, +351 217 150 939 só me invejo de quem bebe |
    ICQ:193279138 http://tuvalkin.web.pt/ a água em todas as fontes |