Re: Fwd: Creative commons' license symbols

From: Jon Hanna (jon@hackcraft.net)
Date: Tue Nov 28 2006 - 04:14:46 CST

    Stephane Bortzmeyer wrote:
    > (Doug
    > Ewell basically said that Unicode should not encode CC symbols because
    > CC activists have a political agenda - something which is true but,
    > IMHO, irrelevant.)

    More so that the symbol is attached to that political agenda and "owned"
    by that group.

    Though my biggest objection to the claims that "(a) it represented the
    wave of the future and (b) it was already available on T-shirts and
    hats" which Doug complained of is that by that any argument that could
    also be made for encoding SOUTHPARK CARTMAN DEMANDING YOU RESPECT HIS
    AUTHORITY shouldn't be enough.