Re: Fwd: Creative commons' license symbols

From: Stephane Bortzmeyer (bortzmeyer@nic.fr)
Date: Fri Nov 24 2006 - 06:39:44 CST

    On Fri, Nov 24, 2006 at 11:40:51AM +0000,
     Michael Everson <everson@evertype.com> wrote
     a message of 28 lines which said:

    > >Encoding requests are very often accompanied by political
    > >statements (the N'ko is, again, a good example). Unicode should be
    > >about the facts (charecters in use), not about what you think of
    > >the political agenda of the people who request it.
    >
    > N'Ko was not encoded for "political" reasons.

    I never said so. I said that N'ko was encoded *despite* (or
    *regardless of*) the (noisy) political agenda of its promoters. (Doug
    Ewell basically said that Unicode should not encode CC symbols because
    CC activists have a political agenda - something which is true but,
    IMHO, irrelevant.)