Re: Proposing UTF-21/24

From: Addison Phillips (addison@yahoo-inc.com)
Date: Tue Jan 23 2007 - 18:40:59 CST

    > Actually though, doesn't most of the web consist of graphics?

    <grumble />

    LOL. I very carefully chose my wording to say "of the textual portion"
    in the original message. Actually, most of the Web consists of Britney
    Spears.

    > But with XML, much of the 'and such' could also be in cuneiform.

    Nope. For XML 1.0, the limitation on Name characters is stuck at Unicode
    2.0. So: not cuneiform.

    See: http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/REC-xml-20060816/#NT-Letter

    (XML 1.1 fixes the Unicode 2.0 limitation for name characters, but is
    not as widely adopted (understatement)).

    Addison

    --
    Addison Phillips
    Globalization Architect -- Yahoo! Inc.