Re: BOCU-1 spec

From: Markus Scherer (markus.icu@gmail.com)
Date: Fri Feb 16 2007 - 14:06:42 CST

    On 2/16/07, Mike <mike-list@pobox.com> wrote:
    > I never saved the page to disk. It would be great if you could
    > send me a copy. Thanks.

    I will send you one off-list.

    > > Out of curiosity: Would you mind sharing what is the intended use of
    > > your BOCU-1 implementation?
    >
    > I'm developing a C++ class library and it contains a Unicode-
    > aware String class. Bocu1Encode and Bocu1Decode are two of
    > its methods.

    Neat. You might want to take a look at ICU for comparison. It has a
    UnicodeString class, and it has converters (ucnv_... C APIs) with
    BOCU-1 and SCSU among a couple of hundred others:
    http://icu-project.org/ (We are streamlining our web site a little;
    while this page currently leads elsewhere, it will be the main URL
    soon.)

    Best regards,
    markus