Re: Cipher notation for music

From: vunzndi@vfemail.net
Date: Mon Apr 02 2007 - 08:46:53 CST

    One would think so however, a rough list, defintely not complete, in
    no particular order would be:-

      (1) slurs

      (2) ties

      (3) (i)the numbers from 1 to 7

      (3) (ii)with either none, one or two (and I suppose in theory three)
    lines underneath

      (3) (iii) with possiblely a dot either above or below ( and if below
    it needs to be below the lines ).

    John

    Quoting Jon Hanna <jon@hackcraft.net>:

    > vunzndi@vfemail.net wrote:
    >>
    >> Dear all,
    >>
    >> does anyone know if the cipher notation,
    >> <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Numbered_musical_notation>
    >> for music has been encoded in unicode or not, and if so what input
    >> methods exist.
    >
    > Hi. I thought that cipher notation used characters already in existence
    > (numbers and common combining marks). Is this not the case?

    This message sent through Virus Free Email
    http://www.vfemail.net