Re: Cipher notation for music

From: Andrew West (andrewcwest@gmail.com)
Date: Mon Apr 02 2007 - 09:42:43 CST

    On 02/04/07, vunzndi@vfemail.net <vunzndi@vfemail.net> wrote:

    > One would think so however, a rough list, defintely not complete, in
    > no particular order would be:-
    >
    > (1) slurs
    >
    > (2) ties

    Slurs,ties, bar lines, repeat lines, etc. would use the characters in
    the Musical Symbols block. However, correct formatting of music using
    these symbols is probably beyond the scope of plain text.

    > (3) (i)the numbers from 1 to 7
    >
    > (3) (ii)with either none, one or two (and I suppose in theory three)
    > lines underneath
    >
    > (3) (iii) with possiblely a dot either above or below ( and if below
    > it needs to be below the lines ).

    Dots above and below with or without up to three underlines works fine
    on my system using the Doulos SIL font (see attached screenshot).

    Andrew

    jianpu.jpg