Re: The glyph of the CAPITAL SHARP S

From: Michael Everson (everson@evertype.com)
Date: Wed May 09 2007 - 16:36:50 CDT

    At 14:31 -0700 2007-05-09, Rick McGowan wrote:

    >Have you tried something like... 2e (rounded top-rigth corner) but with
    >the termination of the right side bottom using the serif of the capital S,
    >instead of the round knob?

    I haven't tried that yet, or the ezh-form with the Z diagonal.

    I've got an idea for a CAPITAL LONG S though. ;-)

    Seriously though, I find it intersting that Murray liked 3a. It is
    built along the same principle as John's Trajan test was... and is
    quite similar to what the Leipzig 15th edition of the Duden did.