Re: How is the glottal stop used in some languages?

From: Tom Gewecke (
Date: Thu May 10 2007 - 19:15:51 CDT

  • Next message: Don Osborn: "RE: How is the glottal stop used in some languages?"

    On May 10, 2007, at 3:51 PM, Arne Goetje wrote:
    > How does the keyboard layout on normal PCs look like?
    > Do users occasionally confuse the keyboard layouts, so that they type
    > U+02BB instead of U+0027 in English texts or vice versa in Hawaiian
    > texts?

    The Vista page doesn't seem to show any special layout for Hawaiian.

    So to make 02BB, you probably have to do Alt + 02BB or Alt 0699. How
    often users wind up using something else more easily accessible,
    like 0027 or 0060, would be a good question. It doesn't seem likely
    they would use 02BB instead of 0027.

    This archive was generated by hypermail 2.1.5 : Thu May 10 2007 - 19:17:57 CDT