RE: phonetic alphabet

From: Michael Maxwell (mmaxwell@casl.umd.edu)
Date: Mon May 14 2007 - 11:03:11 CDT

    > I know. I forgot to say that I'm working out the braille
    > table from an UNESCO document, which does not cover
    > everything

    How old is this UNESCO document? You might want to refer to the
    Phonetic Symbol Guide, a book by Pullum and Ladusaw which covers a
    number of phonetic transcription systems (not just IPA). I think it's a
    little outdated now, but it sounds like the UNESCO might be too. You
    can get it at Amazon etc.

       Mike Maxwell
       CASL/ U Md