RE: Unicode 5.1 Character Count Statistics Projection

From: Murray Sargent (murrays@exchange.microsoft.com)
Date: Wed Jun 06 2007 - 00:54:00 CDT

    Admittedly Microsoft hasn't needed precomposed Hangul characters for many years now (almost as long as Apple :-). The complex-script approach to jamos also has the advantage of handling old Korean as well as modern, and with smaller fonts, something handy for cell phones. I totally agree that there's no way at this point in time that the UTC would support composed characters for an ancient script that could readily be represented by combinations of simpler entities.

    Murray