Phetsarat font, Lao unicode

From: Brian Wilson (bountonw@gmail.com)
Date: Mon Jul 02 2007 - 23:17:29 CDT

    Dear Anousak,

    In typing dictionaries and other pedagogical material in Lao it is
    frequently necessary to write the vowels by themselves. Lao convention uses
    an 'x' for the blank consonant. So we have sala 'i' sala 'ii' sala 'u' sala
    'uu' with an 'x' holding the consonant place. Could you add this
    possibility for Lao unicode as it is the convention. Currently this is not
    possible as 'x' is a latin letter and the Lao vowels do not recognize it.
    We could either train the vowels to recognize Latin 'x' or add a Lao 'x' to
    unicode as a Lao consonant.

    Thank you,

    Brian Wilson
    PS I have been sidetracked, but am still working on the Lao alphabetization
    rules for sorting in Open office.