Re: Hebrew generic base

From: John Hudson (john@tiro.ca)
Date: Thu Jul 12 2007 - 15:32:54 CDT

    Philippe Verdy wrote:

    > These symbols are currently not listed exhaustively, and this does not help
    > making the notations easily interoperable, as many font designers will
    > forget to implement them, by ignorance of the expected needs and lack of
    > interaction between those designers that have implemented something.

    As discussed previously with regard to the Lao and Thai generic bases, font developers are
    only part of the solution. I can put glyph positioning features in fonts easily enough,
    but it does no good if layout engines separate the background characters into different
    glyph runs.

    John Hudson

    --
    Tiro Typeworks        www.tiro.com