Re: Generic base characters - From Phetsarath Lao font

From: Asmus Freytag (asmusf@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Fri Jul 20 2007 - 07:01:14 CDT

    On 7/19/2007 10:04 PM, Christopher Fynn wrote:

    > Asmus Freytag wrote:
    >
    >> A technical note that *lists* the known generic base characters,
    >> describes the issue, and gives guidance would be the most practical
    >> solution.
    >
    > Yes. I think such a technical note would help to ensure consistent
    > behavior across implementations - which is what users expect.
    Such a technical note can be compiled by one or more experts in the
    field - as it aims at practical implementation suggestions, not at a
    change in the standard itself, it does not need or require review or
    ratification by the UTC in any form.

    So, the two of you should simply have at it and produce something useful.

    A./