Re: Feedback on PR-104

From: Sinnathurai Srivas (sisrivas@blueyonder.co.uk)
Date: Sun Aug 12 2007 - 18:13:57 CDT

    There is no conjunct in Tamil.
    It is either made of two consonants, or meant to mean a single consonant,
    (no conjuncts.).

    For example, ksh in it's split form exactly means two consonants. The other
    is "x", but uses a partially combined glyph form (k+Sh combined=x).

    Tamil already defines NEAR-VOICELESS VOWELS, which CONTRADICTS the conjunct
    theory. With a sopisticated speech spectrum analiser, this Grammar can be
    proved as valid.

    For example, according to Tamil, there is no such thing as PR or BR, but a
    near voiceless vowel always operates on these. Eg,
    BuRook= BRook, in which the u is near voiceless, could be said to operate
    for microsecond duration. PiRantha=PRantha in which i is near voiceless.

    The fundarmentals are different in Tamil. There is no conjunct in Tamil.

    Howerver when transliterating, the contradicting theories need
    consideration. Hence, BuRook in Tamil must be transliterated as BRook in
    English, other wise the the intent will be lost.

    ksh=x, ksh= k + sh, There is no conjunct in Tamil.

    Regards
    Sinnathurai