Re: Feedback on PR-104

From: N. Ganesan (naa.ganesan@gmail.com)
Date: Sun Aug 12 2007 - 19:11:13 CDT

    On 8/12/07, Sinnathurai Srivas <sisrivas@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
    > There is no conjunct in Tamil.
    [...]
    >> ksh=x, ksh= k + sh, There is no conjunct in Tamil.

    There is a conjunct in Tamil script, much like Malayalam, Devanagari,
    ... scripts.
    ksh = k + sh.

    In unicode letter names,
    K.SSA = K + SSA.

    TACE (or TUNE) if and when encoded, we have to remove the
    column of of K.SSA.

    Normally, K.SSA is a conjunct in Sanskrit words in old times,
    even then Islamic names, English loan words etc., were written
    without conjunct (ie., in Unicode with ZWNJ) we achieve that.
    Nowadays, even Sanskrit words are written without a conjunct K.SSA,
    much like word loans from Middle East or the West (K.SSA with K
    as a pure consonant with visible virama).

    N. Ganesan