Re: Feedback on PR-104

From: Christopher Fynn (cfynn@gmx.net)
Date: Mon Aug 13 2007 - 13:38:11 CDT

    I don't know anything about Tamil but isn't this just another version of the old
    argument of whether or not KSHA should have been encoded as a separate consonant
    in Indic scripts?

    BTW Several old Sanskrit grammars translated into Tibetan (and no longer extant
    in the original Sanskrit) and old Sanskrit-Tibetan "dictionaries" such as the
    Mahavyutpatti (ninth century AD) *do* consistently treat KSHA as a separate
    consonant in Sanskrit - and in old scripts used to write Sanskrit at that time
    it is also orthographically a separate glyph form - very different from a
    conjunct.

    - Chris