Re: Encoding Personal Use Ideographs

From: James Kass (thunder-bird@earthlink.net)
Date: Sun Nov 04 2007 - 18:11:31 CST

    John H. Jenkins responded to Andrew West,

    >> Yes, but my understanding is that James is not seeking to introduce a
    >> general-purpose compositional model for the Han script, but is simply
    >> exploring the possibility of using IDS sequences to represent specific
    >> [as yet] unencoded characters is a manner that TUS
    >> <http://www.unicode.org/versions/Unicode5.0.0/ch12.pdf> says is valid
    >> and which learned members of this list have confirmed is acceptable.
    >
    > If this is what he was looking to do, then I misread him and I
    > apologize. It's been a long weekend. :-)

    No, the apology is mine. You are both right. Andrew understands
    specifically what I have in mind, but I did introduce the concept
    of a general compositional model into this thread. M. P. Suzuki
    is discussing this in a different thread, and the concept is
    related to what we are discussing.

    I *cannot* implement what I have in mind due to the system
    rendering engine limitations which Andrew has mentioned.
    (At least, not yet.)

    Thank you both for your kind words.

    And, it *has* been a long week-end.

    Best regards,