Re: How to write Armenian ligatures?

From: Justin Kerk (dopefishjustin@gmail.com)
Date: Sat Nov 24 2007 - 19:25:47 CST

    James Kass wrote:
    > P.S.2 - On my English Unicode support test page I use Latin ligature
    > presentation forms. At the time the page was written, that was
    > the only way to reproduce the text electronically (in plain text or
    > HTML). I should update that page by removing the presentation
    > forms and inserting ZWJs.
    > ( http://www.code2000.net/englishtestutf.htm )

    While you're at it, I notice that page also uses the Roman numeral
    characters, which page 499 of TUS 5.0 recommends against:

    "For most purposes, it is preferable to compose the Roman numerals from
    sequences of the appropriate Latin letters. However, the uppercase and
    lowercase variants of the Roman numerals through 12, plus L, C, D, and
    M, have been encoded for compatibility with East Asian standards."

    Granted, that doesn't make for as effective of a Unicode demonstration....

    -Justin Kerk