Re: Ol Chiki character name typo?

From: Andrew West (andrewcwest@gmail.com)
Date: Tue Nov 27 2007 - 07:53:34 CST

    On 24/11/2007, Philippe Verdy <verdy_p@wanadoo.fr> wrote:

    > Well, aren't Unicode participating in the ISO ballots? If possible, they
    > should announce the documents they are looking at, asking for comments, to
    > see if there are errors or typos, before it's too late, just because the ISO
    > process is too opaque for getting noticed by most users.

    I was going to reply that the ISO process is actually more open the
    Unicode process, and that all the proposals and ballot documents are
    in the public domain, so that anyone who wants to can review them and
    report any errors they find before it is too late, ... but then
    someone reminded me of the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy :

    "But Mr Dent, the plans have been available in the local planning
    office for the last nine month."

    "Oh yes, well as soon as I heard I went straight round to see them,
    yesterday afternoon. You hadn't exactly gone out of your way to call
    attention to them, had you? I mean, like actually telling anybody or
    anything."

    "But the plans were on display ..."

    "On display? I eventually had to go down to the cellar to find them."

    "That's the display department."

    "With a flashlight."

    "Ah, well the lights had probably gone."

    "So had the stairs."

    "But look, you found the notice didn't you?"

    "Yes," said Arthur, "yes I did. It was on display in the bottom of a
    locked filing cabinet stuck in a disused lavatory with a sign on the
    door saying 'Beware of the Leopard'."