Re: vim and Arabic/Farsi support

From: Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven (asmodai@in-nomine.org)
Date: Tue Dec 04 2007 - 00:25:29 CST

    -On [20071203 22:49], David Starner (prosfilaes@gmail.com) wrote:
    >The last email in the archive of the mailing list is over two years
    >old, and it seems the lists may have been moved in 2002, but if they
    >were moved to Openi18n.org, that address doesn't resolve for me.
    >Considering as the website doesn't seem to have changed in years, I
    >suspect the attempt has been abandoned.

    Actually, speaking as an old committer of the FreeBSD Project, the Citrus
    effort has long been merged in the various BSDs (I know at least in FreeBSD
    and NetBSD) and subsequently extended. I have been using UTF-8 and other wide
    character support for a long time now on my various FreeBSD boxes.

    E.g.:

    [7:25] [asmodai@nexus] (3048) {0} % locale
    LANG=en_US.UTF-8
    LC_CTYPE="en_US.UTF-8"
    LC_COLLATE="en_US.UTF-8"
    LC_TIME=nl_NL.UTF-8
    LC_NUMERIC=nl_NL.UTF-8
    LC_MONETARY=nl_NL.UTF-8
    LC_MESSAGES="en_US.UTF-8"
    LC_ALL=

    イェルーン ラウフロック ヴァン デル ウェルヴェン
    http://www.in-nomine.org/ | http://www.rangaku.org/
    But the time has come when all good things shall pass...