Re: Dotless J with stroke.

From: James Kass (thunder-bird@earthlink.net)
Date: Wed Dec 12 2007 - 05:24:31 CST

    Kent Karlsson wrote,

    > Kenneth Whistler wrote:
    >> There is very little point in designing a glyph that
    >> looks significantly different from what the IPA
    >> shows there in their own charts, because the point
    >
    > Nor did I suggest to. But that is in just one font,
    > and I would assume that more fonts than ones with
    > that exact glyph design would be suitable.

    > And I would still say that the glyphs for this character
    > that look like an esh with TWO strokes (some fonts have
    > that for U+0284) are plain wrong.

    So it's suitable to have fonts which don't have that exact
    glyph design, as long as the design doesn't look like an
    esh with two strokes?

    If what you are saying is that glyph design choices are
    best left to the font developer, and that anyone may
    hold and express opinions about those choices, then we
    agree.

    Best regards,

    James Kass