Re: Directionality Standard

From: Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven (asmodai@in-nomine.org)
Date: Tue Dec 18 2007 - 04:13:07 CST

    [trimmed cc: list]

    -On [20071218 11:09], Behnam (behnam.rassi@gmail.com) wrote:
    >To me, this is a Unicode issue because I type an rtl paragraph and I expect
    >it to remain rtl, anywhere it goes.

    Yes and no.

    Yes, Unicode allows for control glyphs/characters.
    No, you are also highly dependent on whatever the layout engine does for you
    (i.e. UniScribe, ATSUI, nay, Core Text, Pango and the likes).

    Unless my technical understanding is flawed, in which case I welcome
    corrections to my understanding.

    イェルーン ラウフロック ヴァン デル ウェルヴェン
    http://www.in-nomine.org/ | http://www.rangaku.org/
    In every stone sleeps a crystal...