Re: CLDR Usage of Gregorian Calendar Era Terms: BC and AD -- Can we please have "CE" and "BCE" ?

From: Marion Gunn (mgunn@egt.ie)
Date: Thu Dec 20 2007 - 06:44:38 CST

    Speaking as a terminologist, maybe it's time for me to remind people
    of the etymology of the name 'Gregory': it means 'watchman'. With
    tens of thousands of us Irish people heading annually for our Brú na
    Bóinne (which, although over 5,000 years old, is known in English by
    the singularly inappropriate name of 'Newgrange'!), for the winter
    solstice, all it occurs to me to say is '2007 and all's well' and
    convey my best wishes to all.
    mg
    On 20 Dec 2007, at 04:26, scríobh John Hudson:

    > For a terminological problem, seek a terminological solution.
    >
    > John Hudson

    On 20 Dec 2007, at 04:03, scríobh Javier SOLA:

    --
    Marion Gunn
    mgunn@ucd.ie