Re: [OT] Re: CLDR Usage of Gregorian Calendar Era Terms: BC and AD -- Can we please have "CE" and "BCE" ?

From: James Kass (thunder-bird@earthlink.net)
Date: Fri Dec 21 2007 - 15:13:34 CST

    Peter Constable wrote,

    > Also, it has relevance for this list in so far as it pertains to
    > exchange of ideas on this list.

    The exchange of information, including ideas, very much pertains
    to Unicode.

    In the "open marketplace of ideas", concepts which are truly alien
    to our own viewpoints should be tolerated, else the marketplace
    is not open. It is hoped that, when presented with all possible
    choices, most people will be able to discern between that which
    is valid and that which is claptrap. Tolerance does not imply
    acceptance or endorsement.

    We are living in interesting times. Perhaps the best hope for
    the continuation of our species concerns the ability to openly
    exchange ideas and information.

    As Unicode does so much to make such communication possible,
    I am thankful to everyone involved in the project.

    Peace,

    James