Re: Directionality Standard

From: Behnam (behnam.rassi@gmail.com)
Date: Fri Dec 21 2007 - 17:32:08 CST

    I do not expect all applications support rtl. Because unfortunately I
    am realistic. What I do expect though, is that my rtl paragraph,
    going to an application that doesn't support rtl, and then from that
    application to yet again another application which does support rtl,
    reappear in rtl. The same way that the encoded text reappears intact.
    This is what Unicode should ensure that it happens as it does for the
    characters themselves.

    I also believe that different formats and mediums should solve their
    technical problems without interfering with directionality encoded in
    a text.

    I'm amazed that Unicode has put so much effort in implementing bidi
    algorithm to so many characters, and so little, to keep it useful.

    Behnam