Normalization question

From: Benjamin M Scarborough (benjamin.scarborough@student.utdallas.edu)
Date: Mon Dec 24 2007 - 20:21:55 CST

    Suppose, hypothetically, that I wish to encode a capital A with an
    ogonek, a dot below, and a circumflex. Obviously, in NFD, this sequence
    would be <U+0041 LATIN CAPITAL LETTER A, U+0328 COMBINING OGONEK,
    U+0323 COMBINING DOT BELOW, U+0302 COMBINING CIRCUMFLEX ACCENT>.
    However, I'm unclear as to whether the NFC form would be <U+1EAC LATIN
    CAPITAL LETTER A WITH CIRCUMFLEX AND DOT BELOW, U+0328 COMBINING
    OGONEK> (which is the shortest form) or <U+0104 LATIN CAPITAL LETTER A
    WITH OGONEK, U+0323 COMBINING DOT BELOW, U+0302 COMBINING CIRCUMFLEX
    ACCENT>. Could anyone clarify this for me?

    Thanks in advance.

    --Benjamin Scarborough