A weird character I saw last week

From: Upshur Whittock (zarzalzarzamora@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Dec 26 2007 - 14:29:37 CST

    My father in law is the music minister at a Presbyterian church near Washington. Last week at church, we sang a hymn that was based on a Polish folk hymn, and the name had a "w" with a cedilla (not a comma) underneath.
      Has anybody ever come across such a thing? Does anybody know if this is just some weird one of a kind aberrance, or whether there might be some history of this letter being used?

      U.C. Whittock

          ÞÞÞ
      Ðe Drummondtown Non-Sequitorial Society
      Celebrates its Tricentennial Anniversary:
      1834-2007: ¡300 Years Of Random Blaðeriñ!