Re: Regarding binary combining accents and grouping characters

From: James Kass (thunder-bird@earthlink.net)
Date: Wed Jan 09 2008 - 12:09:52 CST

    Thomas Abraham wrote,

    > 1. Is it possible to implement
    > * a generic subscript/superscript combining accent,
    > * and/or a generic division combining accent
    > in unicode?
    >
    > 2. Does the above problem comes under the scope of Unicode?
    >
    > So far almost all the combining accent we have seen across are unary.
    > They combine to exactly one character on its left side or right side.

    Can you send examples showing what you seek to encode/display?

    There are already a few combining accent characters in Unicode
    which span two base characters, as you probably already know.

    I'm sorry that I'm having trouble understanding exactly what
    you seek.

    (Graphic attachments plus the text/headers of an e-mail message
    should be less than 50 KB, or the list will reject the message.)

    Best regards,

    James Kass