Re: Viewing Source...

From: Ed Trager (ed.trager@gmail.com)
Date: Wed Jan 09 2008 - 12:53:09 CST

    Hi, Damon,

    Another Unicode editor worth mentioning is Yudit (yudit.org), for
    which a Windows binary is now also available (source code and packages
    for Linux and other *nix platforms have always been available).

    Yudit will allow you to open and save files in any of the three main
    Unicode transformation formats (encodings): UTF-8, UTF-16, or UTF-32.
    In addition Yudit (on Linux at least) comes with a tool which allows
    you to convert numerous other legacy encodings (such as various
    Windows code pages) to the more modern UTF formats.

    I believe Yudit or the included tool will also allow you to convert
    various escaped formats such as ASCII texts containing things like
    "\u203d" -- Not sure if HTML entities are handled or not though.

    Yudit is definitely worth taking a look at -- At the very least, a
    tool such as Yudit along with some additional reading on how Unicode
    works will undoubtedly demystify most of it.

    Best - Ed