Re: Fwd: Unicode Transliteration Guidelines released

From: James Kass (thunder-bird@earthlink.net)
Date: Tue Jan 29 2008 - 02:41:46 CST

    David Weinberg wrote,

    > tranSCRIPtion on the other hand is used for writing the SOUND of music or of
    > spoken words.

    The Sound of Music was actually written without benefit of transcription.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sound_of_Music

    Although, in fairness, Rogers and Hammerstein probably used some
    form of musical notation when writing the score.

    > Maybe, you have enough brains to understand, why I say: there is ONE
    > transLITEration by script pair,
    > but one tanSCRIPtion for EACH language pair. Maybe not.

    Some fairly brainy list members have suggested that the proper
    place for this thread is on the CLDR discussion list. Get it?

    Meanwhile, if The Sound of Music gets remade and Julie Andrews
    is unavailable for the lead, how about Britney Spears?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Britney_Spears

    Best regards,

    James Kass