Re: 2008 UN Year of Languages. 2008-02-21 International Mother Language Day

From: Andrew Cunningham (lang.support@gmail.com)
Date: Thu Feb 14 2008 - 14:39:43 CST

    On 14/02/2008, Don Osborn <dzo@bisharat.net> wrote:

    > At the school where I did my graduate studies some years ago there was a change of university president, and the new one brought in a slogan "People matter!" which got some funny reactions.

    Just take list with a grain of salt. Its interesting to not that for a
    least two entries, The text was prepared in an 8-bit legacy encoding
    and was not converted to Unicode before inclusion in the document.

    For the two Dinka entries, the text 'Thok ëbën apiæth' should read
    'Thok ëbën apiɛth'

    --
    Andrew Cunningham
    Vicnet Research and Development Coordinator