Re: Using combining diacritical marks and non-zero joiners in a name

From: Andreas Prilop (prilop2008@trashmail.net)
Date: Fri Apr 04 2008 - 07:54:56 CST

    On Fri, 4 Apr 2008, Otto Stolz wrote:

    >> http://www.unics.uni-hannover.de/nhtcapri/combining-marks.html
    >
    > In this case, it’s a matter of fonts rather than programs.

    It *is* a matter of programs. View the above page with

    - Firefox 2
    - Internet Explorer 6
    - Internet Explorer 7

    using the same typeface(s) and note the differences.

    >> http://groups.google.com/group/de.etc.sprache.deutsch/msg/54d3f0681c184959
    >
    > This is clearly a bug in the Google Groups software.

    No, it is not (although Google Groups is broken in many ways).
    View the message
    at your local newsserver.

    > I’d rather say: Use standard-complying e-mail software

    Amen!

    >> http://www.unics.uni-hannover.de/nhtcapri/temp/messy.html
    >
    > What sort of surprise do you mean?

    Internet Explorer 6 shows letters with grave accent.
    Can't you see them?